- Our University
- Gender Equality Action Plan
Sabancı University Gender Equality Action Plan
The Gender Equality Action Plan (GEAP) which Sabancı University started in 2019, will be put into action as of 2021.
The Gender Equality Action Plan, carried out within the scope of the European Union Horizon 2020 GEARING-Roles project, was designed as a unique collection of research and practices in which Sabancı University's ethical principles, strategic goals and research strategy were all considered. The action steps determined in the Gender Equality Action Plan aim to reflect our institutional stance in the field of gender equality at every point of our academic and administrative mechanisms. These actions have been categorized under 8 main headings in line with the needs and goals of Sabancı University.
- Institutionalization of Gender Equality
- Career Progression
- Work-Life Balance
- Decision Making and Leadership
- Curriculum and Teaching
- Sexual Harassment, Anti-Assault and Anti-Discrimination Mechanisms and Gender-Neutral Communication
During this process:
- An Institutional Evaluation Report (2019) was prepared within the framework of the research methodology produced with the expertise gained from similar preliminary projects funded by the EU.
- More than 30 interviews, focus groups and co-creation workshops were conducted with the participation of 100 academics, academic administration staff and students from various units of the university.
- The Gender Equality Task Force (GETF) was established in June 2019 with the participation of 28 faculty members, administrative staff, directors and students from different faculties and units of our university. The GEP Committee took on an active role in the execution of the project.
- Implementation of the action plans has already begun. Gender Equality Training, in cooperation with SU Gender, was completed with the participation of 216 employees from Human Resources, Student Resources, Marketing and Corporate Communication and Information Center units. The aim is to offer this training to all university employees.
- The “Gender Equality Officer” role was created under the umbrella of the Human Resources Department at our university.
The Sabancı Univeristy Gender Equality Action Plan can be reached here.
Do not hesitate to forward and questions or comments to our Gender Equality Officer Sevdiye Baran Demirci (sevdiye.baran @sabanciuniv.edu)