- Mobility Opportunities for Teaching Staff
Mobility Opportunities for Teaching Staff
Staff mobility for teaching assignments (SMTA) refers to a short period spent abroad for teaching purposes. Teaching assignments normally have duration of one week (2 to 5 days). Staff mobility for teaching assignments is supported by grants, which are administered by IRO.
- Have opportunities for personal and professional development;
- Promote exchange of expertise and experience;
- Develop new cooperation activities and projects;
- Establish and strength the links between institutions from different countries.
Visits should be between minimum 2 days (min 8 hours teaching per week) and maximum 8 weeks. Mobility can take place any time within the Academic Year for which the call is made. For the 2015-2016 Academic Year, SMTA should take place between 01.06.2016 and 31.05.2018.
1. You should have at least 50% full-time contract at Sabancı University
2. Sabancı University and the university to be visited should have Erasmus Teaching Staff Mobility Agreement. (Please check the list)
What to do if you would like to have a new Erasmus Teaching Staff Mobility Agreement? Please note that Erasmus agrements can be signed with universities that have Erasmus University Charter.
1. Please complete the attached draft in 2 copies:
Draft Agreement to be completed
Subject Codes to be used when filling in the agreement
Sample Completed agreement
2. Please have the completed agreement signed and stamped by the host university and return it to IRO. Scanned versions are accepted.
Once SU and the host university has Teaching Staff Mobility Agreement, the faculty members should submit a teaching assignment. Before filling out the form, faculty members are recommended to contact their colleagues at the partner institution to arrange the teaching activity. The teaching activity can take forms of lecture and seminar that should be fully integrated into the study programme of the host institution. Research activities and meetings at the partner institution are not considered eligible activities for Erasmus+ TSM. The number of teaching hours should be minimum 8 hours.
Teaching Assignment Form (Blank)
* Staff members who have never benefited from the experience: + 2 (will not be applied to staff working at SU less than 1 year)
** An institution that has never been visited : +1
* A Country that has never been visited: +1
* Work experience at SU: + n working years at SU. If n> 6 then the participant will receive max. 6 points.
* A visit to locations where we currently have Erasmus students studying +1
(Please check the list)
* Application from A Unit that has never been involved: +1
* Benefiting from the programme in the last 3 years: (- n times x -3)
** Countries visited during 2014-2016: Austria,Estonia,Germany,Ireland,Italy, Netherlands,Norway,Spain,Sweden,United Kingdom
Funding, which is not intended to cover all the costs, will be a contribution towards the costs of travel and additional living expenses for the planned teaching activity abroad. Faculty members can search for additional grants or can get support from the partner institutions through their own arrangements. However, additional grants should not be in contrast with the cases stated in the contract document. SU teaching staff participating in exchange program will continue to receive his salary and other benefits provided by SU.
Daily grants for 2016-K103 Project (€):
Start Date: 01.06.2016 End Date: 31.05.2018
Group 1 (Denmark, Ireland, Netherlands, Sweden, UK): 144 €
Group 2 (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Repub., Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy,Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Norway, Poland, Romania): 126 €
Group 3: (Macedonia, Germany, Latvia, Malta, Portugal, Slovak Repub., Spain) : 108 €
Group 4: (Croatia, Estonia, Lithuania, Slovenia): 90 €
Fixed Travel Support:
-100 - 499 km: 180 €
-500 - 1999 km : 275 €
-2000 - 2999 km : 360 €
-3000 - 3999 km : 530 €
-4000 - 7999 km: 820 €
-8000 and above: 1100 €
Distance Calculator: http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/tools/distance_en.htm
As the applications evaluated by the Erasmus Committee, IRO will send a confirmation for your grant. After this, the following contract will be signed between SU and the teaching staff:
Travel & Accommodation: When undertaking a visit to a partner institution, each faculty member is expected to arrange his/her own travel and accommodation. Some partner universities may provide accommodation on campus for free of charge or a reduced fee.
After The Teaching Period
The below forms should be filled in and sent to the SU International Relations Office for proper management of the funds allocated for TS Mobility.
1. Boarding pases and receipt of travel tickets
2. Letter of Confirmation for Erasmus Teaching Staff Mobility Assignment
Staff Mobility for Teaching: List of Universities/Countries visited between 2014-2015 and 2015-2016:
Austria Pädagogische Hochschule Salzburg
Estonia Tartu Ulikool
Germany Hochschule Mainz - University Of Applied Sciences
Ireland University College Dublin, National University Of Ireland, Dublin
Italy Universita Del Salento
Netherlands Universiteit Leiden
Norway Hogskolen I Ostfold
Spain Fundacion Universitaria San Pablo-Ceu
Spain IE Universidad
Spain Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
Sweden Stockholms Universitet
United Kingdom Cardiff University
2016- KA103 Remaining Budget: 7250 € (As of 29.12.2016)
Incoming Teaching Staff
All incoming faculty should discuss the proposed content of the teaching with their colleagues at Sabancı University and inform them about the travel plans at least 2 months prior to the visit.
Related Faculty Secretariat at Sabancı University will make the best effort to assist the incoming teaching staff with accommodation on/off campus and a working environment on campus.
With Regard to funding, each incoming teaching staff should make his/her application to their own institution and are responsible for their own expenses, which they will claim from their own institutions.