After successful completion of the University Entrance Examinations, students who want to study at Sabancı University choose the faculties without declaring majors. Undergraduate education at Sabancı University begins with the Foundations Development Program – the core of the Sabancı educational system. Foundations Development is designed to put all students on equal footing, regardless of their background, and enable them to make informed and mature career decisions.
The Foundations Development Program consists of two important educational stages:
- Foundations Development Year (FDY)aims to improve communication skills and English proficiency of Sabancı students,
- University Courses is a collection of courses from diverse disciplines that informs students about the major programs and provides different points of view.
The Foundations Development Directorate (TGD) coordinates the Foundations Development Program and is charged with:
- Developing and conducting the University Courses
- Coordinating the Foundations Development Year via the School of Languages
- Coordinating the Civic Involvement Projects
- Developing and conducting outreach education projects