- Postdoctoral Position in 3D Bioprinting
Postdoctoral Position in 3D Bioprinting
A postdoctoral researcher position is available for a recently funded project. The research scientist will mainly be responsible for biofabrication of cell-laden 3D bioprinted constructs, their maintenance and characterization in 3D Bioprinting Lab located at the Sabancı University Nanotechnology Research and Application Center. The position is for an initial contract period of 2 years, but it can be extended to a longer term based on the qualifications. Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Developing, optimizing, and running protocols for stem cell culturing, differentiation and characterization
- Hydrogel biomaterial and bioink preparation and characterization
- 3D Bioprinting of cell-laden hydrogels
- Staining and visualization and characterization of printed constructs
- Writing project reports, grant applications and journal/conference papers
- Managing lab related activities (ordering consumables, planning various experiments in the lab, etc.)
- Supervising and training students in the related field
- A PhD degree of Biological Sciences, Biomaterials, Bioengineering or a related field
- Ability to design, execute, analyze, and report experiments independently and collaboratively.
- A strong background and hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques, such as staining and imaging, PCR, qRT-PCR, Western blotting, immunostaining, flow cytometry, etc.
- Experience in iPSC culture, reprogramming, characterization, and differentiation into various cell types and hands-on experience is a plus.
- Experience in biomaterials and their processes, 3D bioprinting knowledge and experience is another plus.
- A strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
Competitive monthly salary, free university housing or transportation, free private health insurance, funding to cover expenses for conferences and publications. Successful candidate is expected to work on international projects.
How to apply:
Please send your C.V., a cover letter explaining your research interest and future goals, and names and contact details of 3 references to Prof. Bahattin Koc at email@example.com
About Sabancı University
Established by Sabancı Foundation in 1994, Sabancı University provides a world class education to its students from undergraduate to doctorate levels. It is distinguished by its educational system which was unique in Turkey when Sabancı University started its educational activities in 1999. It offers freedom to all its students to choose their academic program within the first two years after they are enrolled in the university. Sabancı University has been the most entrepreneurial and innovative foundation university in the University Entrepreneurship and Innovation Index produced by the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology of Turkey since 2012. It also ranks one of the top among the universities from Turkey in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. As a young university with twenty years of history, Sabancı University aspires to become an international reference point for innovation in education and research.
Sabancı University is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment in education and employment. The University respects all individuals without any discrimination of gender, religion, national and ethnic origin, race, color, physical disability, physical appearance, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, age, or political affiliation in the administration of its educational, admission and employment policies, and its scholarship and university-sponsored programs.