- Full-time Faculty in Computer Science and Engineering (CS-1-2023)
Full-time Faculty in Computer Science and Engineering (CS-1-2023)
The Computer Science and Engineering Program at Sabancı University, Istanbul, Turkey is seeking multiple full-time faculty positions at all ranks to commence in the 2024-2025 academic year. We welcome applications from candidates in all areas of computer science. We are particularly interested in candidates who have demonstrated excellence in research, a strong commitment to teaching, and the potential to establish a thriving, externally funded research program.
Sabancı University offers B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Computer Science and Engineering as well as M.S. and/or Ph.D. degrees in Data Science, Data Analytics and Cyber Security. Our B.S. program has been accredited by MUDEK, part of the International Engineering Alliance - Washington Accord. The CS program has been ranked as one of the top CS programs in Turkey, by THE and QS ranking systems.
The candidate is expected to teach at undergraduate and graduate levels (expected load is 3 courses/year) and supervise student projects and graduate theses. Other responsibilities include curriculum assessment and development, with an emphasis on developing innovative practices in teaching.
The candidate is expected to develop a strong research agenda and supervise graduate students. It is also expected that the candidate will apply for grants to national and international agencies to support their research agenda.
The candidate is expected to actively work in the committees to help improve the academic and administrative processes of the faculty and the university.
- Potential or demonstrated excellence in research, as measured in the form of funded research projects (for senior applicants), and publications in high quality journals and conferences.
- A doctorate in Computer Science/Engineering or a closely related field, earned from an accredited institution by the time of appointment.
- Research expertise and teaching expertise relevant to the responsibilities in employment.
- Personal capabilities to carry out the responsibilities in employment.
- Excellence in research, as demonstrated by funded research projects, and recent publications in prestigious international journals and refereed conference proceedings in related areas.
- Teaching expertise, as demonstrated by courses/tutorials at undergraduate or graduate levels, and the quality and scope of teaching experience, in terms of breadth and depth.
- Collaboration expertise, as demonstrated by interactions with academia, industry, and public.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit (i) CV (including all relevant merits to aid assessment), (ii) a research statement (including brief summary of relevant earlier/ongoing research studies, as well as future research plans in the short term and in the long term), (iii) a teaching statement (including brief descriptions of teaching philosophy, approach and experiences, and a list of courses the candidate can offer at graduate and undergraduate levels), (iv) names and contact information of two references (letters of reference will be asked upon screening) using the online application form at http://sucrm.sabanciuniv.edu/academiccv/application.php?advertcode=CS-1-2023.
The evaluation of applications will start on December 1, 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
About Sabancı University
Established by Sabancı Foundation in 1994, Sabancı University provides a world class education to its students from undergraduate to doctorate levels. It is distinguished by its educational system which was unique in Turkey when Sabancı University started its educational activities in 1999. It offers freedom to all its students to choose their academic program within the first two years after they are enrolled in the university. Sabancı University has been the most entrepreneurial and innovative foundation university in the University Entrepreneurship and Innovation Index produced by the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology of Turkey since 2012. It also ranks first among the universities from Turkey in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023. As a young university with twenty years of history, Sabancı University aspires to become an international reference point for innovation in education and research.
Sabancı University is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment in education and employment. The University respects all individuals without any discrimination of gender, religion, national and ethnic origin, race, color, physical disability, physical appearance, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, age, or political affiliation in the administration of its educational, admission and employment policies, and its scholarship and university-sponsored programs.