- Research Strategies and Management
- Research Planning and Policy Development Office
Research Planning and Policy Development Office
Research Planning and Policy Development Office (RPD), operating within the Office of Vice President for Research and Development, facilitates institutional management of research in Sabancı University.
WHAT WE DO?
RPD’s main responsibilities are, contributing development of and monitoring Sabancı University’s research and development strategies, developing policies and processes in line with these strategies, conducting studies towards institutionalization of research processes and managing institutional research data. Operating since 2012, RPD aims to contribute sustainability of research process management. With this aim, RPD coordinates with all units in Sabancı University, notably with the Research and Graduate Studies Directorate (RGP), in order to ensure strategical planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the targeted research activities in Sabancı University.
The main responsibilities of the RPD are given below:
- To follow and assess national and international science, technology and innovation policies and ensure integration within own policies of Sabancı University
- To perform studies/research for strategy development, institutionalization and quality assurance regarding research processes in Sabancı University; monitoring, evaluation and planning of the research processes and support the university in the development of its research strategy
- Supporting the research process in the scope of the continuous improvement cycle of institutional internal quality standards
- To follow and develop national and international good practices related to the research process and to carry out supportive activities for its applicability,
- Managing the entire process related to Entrepreneurial and Innovative University Index, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) and Times Higher Education (THE) rankings as the strategic priorities of Sabancı University
- Developing principals and structural bases for new applications related to research processes in Sabancı University; "Establishment of Excellence/Expertise Centers", "Establishment of Research Faculty Staff Framework”
- Coordinating the Research Committee (RC) and University Research Council (URC) which are the decision making bodies for research-related topics in Sabancı University