- Campus Life
- Health and Safety
- Coronavirus Info
Covid-19: Controlled Normalization Process: Action Plan
Dear Sabancı University members,
As of June 1, 2020, Turkey has initiated a normalization process to fight against the Covid-19 pandemic.
The coronavirus pandemic hasn’t ended yet in Turkey or across the world. Therefore, during this normalization process, it is essential that an action plan is set to be implemented safely and steadily.
The measures taken by our University to combat the pandemic are still ongoing. For these measures to be effective, your responsible and meticulous actions play an important role.
We would like to remind you once again the measures taken by our campus during the controlled normalization process:
- Hand hygiene is very important. Wash your hands often, for a minimum of 20 seconds with soap and water. The use of alcohol-based hand antiseptic or 70% cologne is also possible in case there is no water or soap.
- Stop touching your face, mouth and eyes with your hands.
- Masks should be worn both in closed and open areas on our campus.
- Avoid putting your face masks on the table while eating in the cafeteria. Any sort of mask contact to be avoided in shared public areas.
- Dispose your dirty masks safely by using mask waste bins.
- Maintain social distancing. This needs to be 1.5 meters as even people who show no symptoms might still transmit the virus.
- While coughing or sneezing, use a disposable cloth to cover your mouth and throw this in the bin immediately. If this is not possible, use the inner part of your forearm to cover your mouth.
- Open the windows in closed spaces to help with the air-flow.
- Stay away from crowded places. Try not to use public transport as much as possible.
- Keep your immune system strong by having a balanced and healthy diet and getting enough rest.
Thank you for your support and compliance with the necessary measures.