Sondan Durukanoğlu Feyiz
E-mail : sondansabanciuniv.edu
BSc in Physics, University of Istanbul (1989)
MSc in Physics, University of Wisconsin (1992)
PhD in Physics, Kansas State University (1999)
Work Experience :
Vice President, Sabanci University (2011-Present)
Professor of Physics, FENS, Sabanci University (2011-Present)
Associate Professor of Physics, FENS, Sabanci University (2010-2011)
Senior Researcher, Feza Gursey Research Insitute (2009-2010)
Visiting Associate Professor of Physics, MIT (2007-2009)
Assistant and Associate Professor of Physics, ITU (2000-2010)
Areas of Interest :
Mechanical, Tehrmodynamic, Electronic, and Structural Properties of Metal Nanowires and Nanotubes.
Characteristics of Growth at nanoscale at Metal Surfaces; Structural and Vibrational Properties of Metal Surfaces.
Properties of Quasicrystal Materials and Development of Model Potentials for Quasicrystals.
Statistical Modeling of Human Immune System; Differantiation of T cells at the Thymus.
- Properties of Nanostructured Quasicrystal Materials - ITU Research Foundation 2010
- TUBA University Textbook Writing and Translation Award - TUBA 2010
- Statistical and Computational Modeling of the Immune System - TUBITAK-BIDEP 2008
- Single and Many Atom-Diffusions at Ag(111) Surface - ITU Research Foundation 2006
- Structural Properties and Single Atom Diffusion at Metal Stepped Surfaces - ITU Research Foundation 2000
- Graduate Fellowship - The Ministry of Education of Turkey 1990
American Physical Society
|Onat, Berk and Durukanoğlu Feyiz, Sondan (2014) "The role of vibrations in thermodynamic properties of Cu-Ni alloys", European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Vol.87, No.11 (SCI)|
|Onat, Berk and Durukanoğlu Feyiz, Sondan (2013) "An optimized interatomic potential for Cu–Ni alloys with the embedded-atom method", Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, Vol.26, No.3 (SCI)|
|Konuk, Mine and Durukanoğlu Feyiz, Sondan (2012) "Strain-induced structural transformation of a silver nanowire", Nanotechnology, Vol.23, No.24 (SCI)|
|Şengün, Yasemin and Durukanoğlu Feyiz, Sondan (2011) "Vibrational behavior of metal nanowires under tensile stress", Physical Review B: Condensed Matter and Materials Physics, Vol.83, No.11 (SCI)|
|Anı kitabı: bilim, kişi ve toplum üzerine çalışmalar (Berker-FEST: 60'ıncı Yıl Sempozyumu), Akyüz, Asuman and Dayı, Ömer Faruk and Durukanoğlu Feyiz, Sondan and Özbek, Sevtap Yıldız (eds.), İstanbul, Türkiye: Sabancı Üniversitesi 2012|
|Kuantum mekaniğine giriş, (Translated by: Özbek, Haluk and Durukanoğlu Feyiz, Sondan), Ankara: Nobel, October 2010|
Before SU Publications:
- "Vibrational Properties of Cu Nanowires", Y. Şengün and S. Durukanoğlu, Physica A 389, 2945 (2010).
- "Energetics and Atomic Relaxations of Cu Nanowires: The Effect of Local Strain and Cross-sectional Area", B. Onat, M. Konuk, S. Durukanoğlu, and G. Dereli, Nanotechnology 20, 075707 (2009).
- "A Parallel Implementation: Real Space Greens Function Technique", B. Onat, S. Durukanoğlu, and H. Dağ, International Journal of High Performance Computing Applications 21, 66 (2007).
- "The Effect of Step-Step Separation on Surface Diffusion Processes", S. Durukanoğlu, O.S. Trushin, and T.S. Rahman, Physical Review B 73, 125426 (2006).
- "Calculated Pre-exponential Factors and Energetics for Adatom Hopping on Terraces and Steps of Cu(100) and Cu(110)", H. Yıldırım, A. Kara, S. Durukanoğlu, and T.S. Rahman, Surface Science 600, 190 (2006).
- "The Role of Lattice Vibrations in Adatom Diffusion at Metal Stepped Surfaces", S. Durukanoğlu, A. Kara, and T.S. Rahman, Surface Science 587, 128 (2005), Invited paper.
- "Structural Properties of Cu Vicinals", H. Yıldırım and S. Durukanoğlu, Surface Science 557, 190 (2004).
- "Structural Relaxations, Vibrational Dynamics, and Thermodynamics of Vicinal Metal Surfaces", T.S. Rahman, A. Kara, and S. Durukanoğlu, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter 15, S3197 (2003), Invited paper.
- "Local and Excess Vibrational Free Energies of Stepped Metal Surfaces", S. Durukanoğlu, A. Kara, and T.S. Rahman, Physical Review B 67, 235405 (2003).
- "Structure of Ag(410) and Cu(320)", S. Durukanoğlu and T.S. Rahman, Physical Review B 67, 205406 (2003).
- "Atomic Relaxations on Cu(210), H. Yıldırım and S. Durukanoğlu, ARI, The Bulletin of the Istanbul Technical University 53, 53 (2003).
- "Atomic Relaxations and Thermodynamics on Cu(410)", S. Durukanoğlu and T.S. Rahman, Surface Science 409, 395 (1998).
- "Vibrational Modes and Relative Stability of Stepped Surfaces of Copper", S. Durukanoğlu, A. Kara, and T.S. Rahman, in Surface Difusion: Atomistic and Collective Process, edited by M.C. Tringides (Plenum Press, New York, 1997).
- "Local Structural and Vibrational Properties of Stepped Surfaces: Cu(211), Cu(511), and Cu(331)", S. Durukanoğlu, A. Kara, and T.S. Rahman, Physical Review B 55, 13894 (1997).
- "Vibrational Dynamics and Thermodynamics of Ni(977)", A. Kara, S. Durukanoğlu, and T.S. Rahman, Journal of Chemical Physics 106, 2031 (1996).
- "Local Thermodynamic Properties of a Stepped Metal Surface: Cu(711)", A. Kara, S. Durukanoğlu, and T.S. Rahman, Physical Review b 53, 15493 (1996).