Academic Facts & Figures
As of April 2017, there are 400 Faculty Members and Instructors in Sabancı University. Full time academicians constitute the majority of this number.
As Sabancı University fulfills its goal of becoming a "world university," the value of internationally educated and employed staff in realizing this goal is immeasurable. One can easily perceive "the powerful academic human resources" indicated in the table below which profiles our three faculties and School of Languages (SL).
Full Time Faculty Members
|Faculty||# of Faculty||Average Age||Average Years of Experience After PhD||PhD Abroad||Last Place of Work Abroad||Non-academic Work Experience (Years)|
- 84% of our full-time faculty members obtained their PhD degrees from abroad.
- 7% of our full-time faculty members have foreign citizenship.
- The concept of "brain drain" is the migration of talented individuals from our country to the West; however, Sabancı University has reversed this trend with its faculty profile. The Turkish academicians, who left their overseas jobs to come to work at Sabancı University constitute 62% of our full-time faculty members.
- Half of our faculty held non-academic jobs for 3,9 years; their varied employment will provide a wealth of experience to our university.
- Our faculty's academic experience post PhD of an average of 15 years demonstrates the dynamic, and experienced academic profile of our university.
School of Languages
|School of Languages||# of Permanent Instructor||% of Native Speakers||Average Years of Teaching Experience|
Administrative Facts & Figures
|High School||Vocational School||Undergraduate||Graduate||PhD||Other|
|Age 22-29||Age 30-39||Age 40-63|