- Exchange students become natural members of the Information Center after they are given the ID card by the University.
Information Resource Request
- Exchange students may request information resources of any type in any format for the Information Center Collections.
- Requests are made by filling out the Request Form for Information Resources over the web site.
- Requests are evaluated with regard to the Collection Map. Those which are not deemed appropriate are notified to the owner of the request.
- When print and electronic copy of an information resource is both available, the electronic copy is preferred.
- Requests with incomplete bibliographic data are cancelled and reported to the user.
- Exchange students can utilize the orientation programs, and they may request orientation programs with specific subjects.
Circulation & Borrowing
- Exchange students may borrow 60 books for 60 days, borrow 5 multimedia for 7 days,borrow 2 bounded serials for 7 days, and unless they are requested by others, books can be renewed unlimited times and multimedia can be renewed one time for the same period.
- They may utilize the following collections within the Information Center only; "Reference Collection" which is organized for reference purposes,"Serials Collection" which is a collection of current and back issues of journals.
- They may utilize; "Rare Collection" which consists of rare information resources.
- Electronic journals and databases are open to in-campus access for 24 hours a day. They can also have access to them from outside the campus by using the User ID and password provided by the University.
- Processes related to the renewal of borrowed items and reserving information resources can be done over the web site.
- For information resources, a reminder is sent to the user a week before the due date. Fine processes are applied to those which are returned later than the due date, in compliance with Overdue Fines Document, and borrowing services shall not be available until the fine is paid. Overdue fines are not applied to periods when the Information Center is closed.
- Return of information resources which are requested to be put in the reserve collection but are already borrowed may be requested even if the borrowing period is not over. If it is before the beginning of the semester, it should be returned within 10 days, during the semester should be returned within 3 days. For those information resources that are not returned within the requested time, fine processes are applied in compliance with the Overdue Fines Document. Borrowing services shall not be available until the fine is paid.
- For information resources that are lost or damaged, fine processes are applied in accordance with the "Document for Lost and Damaged Information Resources", and borrowing services shall not be available until these processes are completed. Upon request, the possession of the damaged item may be given to the user.
- Administration is informed of information resources that are claimed to be returned but not found in their places. The user cannot utilize the borrowing services until the final decision of Administration.
- In order to see notice emails which are interested in checked out resources, please check them on SPAM email box.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Exchange students may request information resources that are not available in the collections of the Information Center from other institutions. Requests are made by filling out the Document Delivery / ILL Request Form over the web site.
- Requests are limited to 3 books at a time.
- Requests with incomplete bibliographic data are cancelled and reported.
- If the information resource borrowed from another institution is lost or damaged, rules of the lending institution are applied. The user cannot use the borrowing services of the Information Center until the problem is solved. Those who do not fulfill their responsibilities despite the warnings are reported to the related dean's office.
- Exchange students may request documents that are not available in the collections of Information Center. Requests are made by filling out the Document Delivery / ILL Request Form over the web site.
- Processes are maintained in accordance with Document Supply Fees Document. Documents are delivered after the document fees are paid.
- Requests with incomplete bibliographic data are cancelled and reported. When the document arrives, request owner is notified. For documents not taken by the request owner within a week, a second notice is sent, and reported to the administration.
- Exchange students can use photocopy and other duplication services by making the necessary payments and in accordance with copyright rules.